Are you opting to change to a new Web hosting service provider? This might be due to various reasons such as you might not be satisfied with the previous service provider you opted for or you don’t have enough bandwidth space or storage space or very bad customer service or any other unfavourable experiences. Also the previous choice of yours might not have been able to provide the required solutions to your business requirements.
With the availability of new options nowadays choosing the best Web hosting service provider is not a tedious job. But, do not close the existing account before transition. It is an essential thing to have your account open until the transition period is complete. This might include various steps such as setting up a new account, transfer of all the files, creating new emails, modifying the DNS, setting up emails and the propagation of DNS. This would help you to identify the running of the website and the domain’s email account.
Considering some points while choosing the best service provider would be beneficial to zero in on the best one that would best suit your requirements such as:
1. Choose the best type of operating system such as windows or Linux depending upon the requirement of your business. You can check with the service provider company and seek the best web based hosting plan.
2. Make sure whether the new company would be able to download all your files in the same and specific structure that is required by you so that you will be able to upload it easily the next time. Also check for any permission that is available on the files or folders.
3. Also check whether the service provider has the accessibility of FTP while you are using flash service or the creative services of drag n’ drop feature.
4. Check with the Web hosting service whether they would offer free web site creator as sometimes you might need to recreate all your web files.
5. Always ensure with your service provider whether they might be able to recreate the email accounts with the same address and aliases and email forwarders.
6. Also check with the new service providing company to make the necessary changes with the Domain Name server to avoid any further complications. Usually you will be provided with a DNS after signing up with the new service providing company as it is taken care of by the domain management provider.
7. The propagation of the new DNS might last up to 48 hours and hence it is essential to cancel the old account should be the very last thing to do. Always ensure that this cancellation must not be initiated by the Web hosting company before the DNS activation.
Always ensure that you decide on the service providing company after all your doubts are cleared and you are fully satisfied with their explanations and their work structure. This might be highly beneficial as it would ensure that you have chosen the best Web hosting company and hence more advantages than the previous one.